Reconsidered is a boutique impact strategy and communications studio that helps impact leaders drive bigger, bolder, more sustainable change. Through consulting, content, courses and community, we’re working toward our vision of a more thriving, just and resilient world. Our small-but-mighty core team is global, multicultural and woman-led, with the founder based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The Community & Content Manager will support our founder across a range of strategic priorities including:
- Serving as an active community manager within the Change Hub, our membership community for busy sustainability professionals. This includes making connections, linking to resources, and supporting the community with value-add posts and comments.
- Managing the Change Hub’s events, programming and content calendar, ensuring a consistent drumbeat of value-add activity.
- Drafting and/or formatting sustainable business-focused resources for the Change Hub, both within Circle and using Canva.
- Serving as a main point of contact for members when they have questions or support inquiries, solving problems and troubleshooting issues with minimal supervision.
- Managing our backend processes for new member applications, membership renewals and cancellations, onboarding and setting up special interest groups.
- Maintaining and project managing execution of a robust external content calendar designed to grow, nurture and serve the needs of the broader Reconsidered audience of sustainable business practitioners (newsletter, LinkedIn followers/group members).
- Managing and drafting content for our social media content calendar, which includes three LinkedIn channels.
- Managing, drafting, reviewing and/or publishing key Reconsidered content series, including Impact Interviews, Impact Jobs and Sustainable Business Reading List.
- Drafting key parts of the bi-weekly Reconsidered newsletter (i.e. Quick Hits, Impact Interviews, Jobs, Sponsorships, etc.) as well as drafting, formatting and publishing one-off community emails and marketing campaigns.
- Designing Canva graphics and templates for social media, email, community and web.
- Analyzing our email, website and social media metrics for quarterly report-outs, with thoughtful analysis and evidence-based recommendations for improvement, optimization and growth.
- Serving as a Course Manager for cohort-based courses like the Sustainability Change Agent Accelerator — both cohorts with open enrollment and those run for companies.
- Supporting our team and guest teachers with developing, formatting and publishing self-paced on-demand courses on the Circle platform.
Partnerships & Promotion
- Building and nurturing strategic partnerships that support the aims of the community and the growth of our membership, including webcast guests, guest teachers and content creators with relevant audiences.
- Creating and executing on promotional strategies for major launches, including targeted email campaigns, outreach to our partners/PR list, etc.
- Managing all partnerships/sponsorships for each newsletter issue, ensuring a solid queue, liaising with submitters to ensure posts meet our format/guidelines and ensuring finished posts get into the newsletter/social media channels.
- Serving as a main support contact for inbound inquiries to Reconsidered’s general inboxes.
- Proactively suggesting and building out new processes, workflows, templates and manuals to make our content and community engine run smoothly.
- You are highly organized, self-motivated and skilled at prioritizing and balancing a range of different tasks, with minimal supervision. You are skilled at both micro and macro- thinking — making sure the big picture is always moving forward by way of all the tiny details that need to get done. Your friends might call you the most organized person they know!
- You have super-strong attention to detail and a commitment to putting out top-quality work. If typos and small formatting inconsistencies drive you nuts, this is the role for you.
- You’re an amazing English-language copywriter who can adopt our conversational brand voice/tone to create content that rises above the clutter and captures our audience’s attention. You excel at writing clear, concise, engaging content suited to digital formats.
- You are highly process-oriented and know how to balance being thorough with being efficient. You have a strong understanding of how you work best and are able to manage your time effectively.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a warm, accessible approach to building relationships. You have an exceptional level of professionalism and poise, as you will be engaging with our team, peers and members and communicating on the founder’s behalf.
- You have experience supporting a team, an entrepreneur and/or a CEO remotely. You have a “get it done” mindset that searches for solutions instead of focusing on struggles, and you know when to escalate challenges (always accompanied by evidence-based recommendations). Past managers have praised your ability to “manage up and across” and always be one step ahead.
- You have a strong drive for making things better, and you feel compelled to research and understand any topic that might lead to improved outcomes for our company and community.
- You have a strong grounding in sustainable business principles, honed through your own professional or educational experience. You have an insatiable curiosity for learning and staying on the cutting edge of the latest developments and trends in sustainable business (no ‘eco-marketing’ or ‘CSR 1.0’ thinking here). You feel it’s important to work with an organization committed to positive change and you feel aligned with Reconsidered’s mission, values and approach to having an impact.
- You have solid experience working with our current “tech stack” and geek out on finding new systems and solutions to help us work better. You are curious about the possibility of AI supporting our work (with a strong regard for ethics, of course). Our current “tech stack” includes Circle, ConvertKit, Squarespace, Canva, Zoom, Otter.ai and Google Drive.
- BONUS: You are a strong graphic designer (on Canva) with an understanding of the types of images that work best on digital channels.
- This is a fully independent contract role.
- This role will require between 15-20 hours per week, with the ability to flex up and down depending on the projects at hand. Most projects will be managed on your own time, but we ask you to be available at least 30 minutes each weekday for community maintenance activities.
- In an effort to align our work with seasonal cycles, we have committed to a ‘Winter Pause’ and ‘Slow Summer’ — periods of 3-4 weeks dedicated to resting and recharging. During these periods, weekly hour expectations may be reduced.
- You will need to have a reliable computer and Internet connection, with the ability to use video conferencing services such as Zoom.
Compensation ranges from €20-26 (US$22-28) per hour, based on experience.
This is a remote role but there will need to be a strong overlap with both Amsterdam (CET) and New York City (ET) time zones, with preferred working hours between 2-7pm CET (8am-1pm ET).