The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Director of Marketing for its Marketing department. AAJ works to protect and enhance the rights of workers, consumers, and survivors by ensuring an individual’s right to seek justice through the civil courts. We believe that holding corporations accountable is critically important to our democracy. We are a mission driven and high-energy team.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading, developing and executing all marketing efforts and campaigns across the association. This position will manage all marketing campaigns to strengthen and support the organization’s three pillars: (1) community; (2) education; and (3) advocacy.
- Direct the association’s marketing campaigns to support AAJ’s mission and in line with AAJ’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and execute cross-channel marketing campaigns (email, direct marketing, digital, social media, and web).
- Supervise four direct reports: providing training, mentoring, and strategic direction.
- Includes both strategic planning and hands-on daily execution of multiple marketing tasks.
- Manage all marketing agency and consultant relationships and work product.
- Direct and design internal and external branding initiatives throughout the organization, including style and communication guides.
- Oversee AAJ’s website visual design and content management to ensure pages are current and accurately reflect AAJ’s brand and ongoing initiatives.
- Collaborate with marketing and department directors to make improvements to AAJ’s website.
- Serve as project manager for assigned internal departments.
- Develop materials such as print and web ads, online content, social media messaging, brochures, exhibit collateral, direct mail, and emails; collaborating on creative direction.
- Consult with members, association officers, internal stakeholders, and vendors on new strategies and messaging.
- Manage relationships with external vendors for printing, fulfillment, mail house services, list brokers and other marketing-related activities.
- Provide ongoing support, mentorship, leadership, professional development guidance, and performance reviews as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Marketing or Business). MBA or related advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum eight to ten years of marketing experience at an association or agency.
- Minimum of seven years of management experience.
- Ability to share marketing portfolio with sample work if selected for an interview.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coaching and mentoring employees.
- Experience in direct mail, mass email, list management, membership retention, and campaign creation/deployment.
- Demonstrated experience in social media and digital marketing strategy.
- Demonstrated experience acting as project manager with agency and consultants.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing website content strategy.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Excellent copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience shooting and editing video a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Analytics (or similar web analytics platform), and online content management systems; HubSpot experience strongly preferred.
- Travel to meetings and events (approximately 20%).
Washington, DC (Hybrid)
The American Association for Justice (AAJ) requires all employees to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. AAJ will allow for exceptions to COVID-19 vaccination based on a medical exemption, disability accommodation, or religious objection; pregnant individuals may also request a deferral if they wish for the duration of the pregnancy.
Unvaccinated staff with approved exemptions or accommodations will be required to comply with weekly testing and to follow CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals, which may include wearing a mask at all times.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. AAJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.