$110,000 - $135,000
January 18, 2024
Head of Philanthropy, Evidence Action
About our External Relations Team
The External Relations team plays a role in positioning Evidence Action to donors, partners, governments, and media; developing and executing strategic approaches to strengthen our resource mobilization and brand; prospecting and securing grants and donations from a variety of institutional and individuals donors and donor networks; and coordinating internally to create and take advantage of opportunities for funding and dissemination of our impact. Our team works across multiple time zones, so a candidate with a willingness to find ways to work asynchronously and iterate quickly is advantageous.
About the Position
Evidence Action is in the midst of significant growth, as we find new interventions and expand our existing high-impact programs in new geographies. As a result, our funding needs are increasing and we are aiming to broaden and diversify our donor portfolio. We are seeking a Head of Philanthropy, to develop philanthropic partnership strategies, build high-value relationships with individual HNW donors and donor networks, and oversee all individual fundraising efforts for the organization. Reporting to Evidence Action’s Chief Engagement Officer, you will work with members of the External Relations team to increase visibility of and commitment to Evidence Action’s programs across a diverse donor base. You will directly manage the Manager, Donor Engagement, and will have responsibility for achieving revenue goals.
● Develop tailored plans for identifying and cultivating prospective individual donors and donor advisors to expand a portfolio of high-value relationships.
● Build relationships with donors, ensuring personalized and meaningful engagement. Support the Chief Engagement Officer and global leadership team in donor outreach and stewardship activities.
● Convert six and seven figure gifts to grow donor pipeline for organization and priority programs.
● Identify and engage with donor networks and corporate partners to uncover outsize opportunities.
● Represent Evidence Action to grow our stakeholder portfolio, at in-person donor and partner engagements.
● Create compelling content for external audiences.
● Oversee team responsible for individual donor engagement and donation database administration.
● Maintain comprehensive donor and partner records in Salesforce to facilitate long-term relationship management
● 10-15 years of experience in resource mobilization, external relations, donor relations, or related work
● Experience in strategic planning for fundraising, major gifts, or corporate and marketing initiatives
● Comfortable initiating and managing relationships with prospective donors, and interacting with institutional representatives.
● Exhibit exceptional customer service and communicate effectively (written and verbal) with diverse stakeholders.
● Persistent, with a passion for the "close" (converting prospects into donors)
● Experience in the successful solicitation of 6 and 7 figure gifts
● Strong people and project management skills, including a focus on the details, bias for action, and ability to follow through
● Inquisitive, caring about and able to elicit information about donor passions/motivations
● Travel required up to 30% of the time to US and international locations for donor meetings/conferences.
Salary & Benefits
$110,000 - $135,000
Benefits: Evidence Action provides a comprehensive benefits package for employees worldwide.
● comprehensive health insurance,
● retirement savings options,
● life insurance,
● generous leave,
● avenues for engagement and recognition.
*Benefits may differ based on country-specific regulations
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. for role to be based in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of a U.S. employment visa at this time.
Evidence Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development - we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation. Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background - with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action - because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excites you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
$150,000 - $225,000
$125,000 - $130,000
$75,000 - $85,000
Join our community of professionals who enjoy access to top jobs, interviews with impact makers, and a healthy dose of memes.