Planet Reimagined leads large-scale action research projects and trains the climate leaders of the future with customized fellowships for researchers and advocates. We use cutting-edge tools from digital communications, grassroots organizing and policy advocacy to drive change. Founded by musician Adam Met of the platinum indie pop band AJR, we harness the power of media and entertainment to reach over 100 million people a year. Planet Reimagined’s current institutional partners range from Bloomberg Philanthropies and the Walton Family Foundation to Ticketmaster and iHeartRadio.
The successful candidate will be a self-driven frontline fundraiser with 5+ years of experience in developing institutional partnerships and grant proposals, with a track record of securing 6-figure grants. This position will work closely with the Executive Director, within a small, diverse, multinational, virtual team committed to the mission of the organization. We place a high value on collegiality and cross-cultural adaptability.
- Identify and research new institutional funding prospects, creating cultivation and solicitation plans to secure funds.
- Engage Planet Reimagined leaders and advisors to connect to and cultivate new potential prospects, and support Planet Reimagined leaders to solicit or yourself solicit funding as appropriate.
- Maintain and steward donor relationships, including updates and grant reporting
- Create or coordinate the creation of pitches and concept notes. Write funding proposals and impact reports.
- Develop and execute creative new ideas and plans for pitches, partnerships, and fundraising opportunities that make good use of the unusual advantages of Planet Reimagined’s connection with the music and entertainment industry
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain institutional donor relationships and significant experience with best practices in cultivation and stewardship for foundations and corporate partners. Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in foundation and corporate giving and experience conducting funder research on prospective institutional funders
- Successful track record in grant-writing, grant management and reporting with strong attention to detail and quality control
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in fundraising and communications roles in nonprofits, political campaigns, or academic institutions. We have a strong preference for previous experience and proven interest in the climate/environment/biodiversity or conservation spheres
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and representational skills in English. Ability to write persuasively, and to edit proposals and reports tailored for specific audiences and opportunities. Ability to tell stories, marshal data and examples, and effectively express complex ideas verbally and in writing
- Trustworthiness and integrity, with an evident commitment to practicing human rights values including equity and inclusion
- Highly organized, dedicated to meeting deadlines, and able to manage projects from start to finish
- Flexible, problem-solving, a good listener who works cooperatively and happily in teams; while also able to work independently and take initiative
- We welcome candidates who have experience working with artists or other influential advocates
- Experience working with international programs and understanding of global perspectives is a plus
Salary & Benefits
- The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $100,000
- Full time employees are eligible for paid holidays and vacations
- Additional stipend to recognize the high cost of health care
This is a virtual position and can be based anywhere, though you need to have U.S. work authorization and be available to regularly join meetings in Eastern Time Zone hours. This is a full-time salaried position.
To apply, please complete the Google Form. If you encounter any issues, submit your application materials to email@example.com. Required materials include a cover letter (indicating where you learned about the position), resume, writing sample, and a list of references (to be contacted only after confirmation with the applicant).