Formula E is the fastest growing motorsport on the planet. It is innovative, brave and disruptive by design. With over 100 races in some of the world’s most iconic cities, it continues to break boundaries and records alike. Born from humble beginnings, the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship is now home to some of the planet’s most talented and daring drivers supported by world leading manufacturers such as McLaren and Porsche.
Formula E, however, has a unique purpose bigger than racing itself. It was founded to counteract climate change through accelerating the development and adoption of electric vehicles; pioneering race to road technology that is at the cutting edge of innovation.
It’s mission though has since evolved, recognising the wider social and environmental benefits it can deliver through driving sustainable human progress and better futures for all. As the world’s first sport certified Net Zero Carbon since inception with multiple leading initiatives that support both people and the planet, it serves as an example of how high-performance sport and sustainability can powerfully coexist.
With a blend of world class sport, sustainability and scintillating entertainment, it inspires and thrills a global fanbase. Now racing in more cities than ever before with the world’s fastest, lightest, most powerful and efficient electric race car, the GEN3, Formula E is delivering a unique fusion that many didn’t know existed or thought was even possible.
Working With Us:
At Formula E, we’re unique. Founded to be bold, ambitious and innovative, we have electric energy in our DNA. We’ve therefore created an environment that supports our colleagues as we continue our mission so that everyone can reach their individual potential while being part of a close-knit team.
We’re curious, brave and thoughtful; having a relenting desire to push boundaries both at and away from our races. With a mission that is far greater than producing world-class events, we value both humanity and the planet just the same. It’s why we believe that work should be fun, meaningful and impactful, valuing the importance of supporting each other and how success can only be achieved as part of a wider collective team.
Using the spectacle of sport, we are sending a powerful and meaningful message to help alter perceptions and speed-up the switch to electric mobility. We also operate as a testbed to push the development of new technologies needed for an electric, low-carbon future.
Ensuring high standards of Health & Safety are in place across all work operations is of primary importance for Formula E, therefore we promote an environment where employees are actively encouraged to raise any concerns, they see either for FE staff or other relevant stakeholders.
- Build and sustain effective global working relationships, engaging and influencing key stakeholders and actively involving relevant parties in the decision-making process.
- Provide commercial and pragmatic advice and guidance to key stakeholders on all aspects of social impact.
- Create effective internal relationships to ensure the delivery of projects and initiatives are in line with our ‘Social Progress’ strategy, ensuring that all global initiatives and processes actively reinforce our vision and mission.
Social Impact Programme Development
- Leads the development of Formula E’s global social impact legacy programmes, such as FIA Girls on Track and Driving Force.
- Lead the localised strategy, specific to events around community engagement and legacy at our events.
- Work with the operations team, partner agencies and delivery partners to ensure the effective and impact delivery of our programmes.
- Identify new programmes areas in line with the strategy to further deepen the impact of the championship.
- Facilitate the development of localised social impact programmes on a market-by-market basis, specific to the needs and resource available.
- Work closely with the commercial team to ensure the financial sustainability of Formula E’s social impact programmes.
- Lead the development of social impact monitoring and evaluation with relevant stakeholders to include the reporting of ‘Social return on Investment’ of our projects.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Drive the development and manage the action planning and implementation on the new E, D&I strategy.
- Support the internal Formula E - E, D&I working group.
- Manage the relationship with external E, D &I experts.
- Lead all external E,D&I projects with support from relevant Formula E departments.
- Lead the development of a philanthropy strategy, enabling a global and local approach to impact, relevant to the championship.
- Lead the UNICEF partnership and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure the partnership reach’s its aims and objectives.
- Partner with key charitable stakeholders to ensure that all philanthropic projects and initiatives are appropriately communicated and implemented.
Administration, Systems & Support
- Support the sustainability team with all information required for all certifications, (ISO 20121, UNFCCC etc.)
- Budget management of all relevant programmes.
- Support the Sustainability Operations team at relevant events, when needed.
- Sustainable communications: jointly lead with Communications, Digital and Marketing teams on the definition of our sustainability content communications plan and marketing campaigns to highlight the purpose of our sport as well as how this translates to fan engagement on site at events.
- Progress the strategic social impact plan, create and deliver sport for social change projects and initiatives to enable the championship to achieve our organizational vision and mission.
- Drive our external Equality Diversity & Inclusion agenda, creating meaningful, sustainable change across our events and more widely, motorsport.
- Lead the global philanthropy strategy, including our global partnership with UNICEF’s Safe and Healthy Environment fund.
- Lead the development of social impact measurement frameworks through social return on investment reports.
- Support the communications team on our internal and external comms & engagement strategy and delivery, specifically focusing on how the championship is creating social impact.
- Collaborate with our teams and partners to create a shared vision for the championship to create social impact within our ecosystem.
- Support the sustainability operations teams with strategic direction towards social impact for each race market.
- Expertise in social impact
- Understanding of social issues.
- Understanding of ‘Social return on Investment’
- Understanding of external E, D & I initiatives.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- Experience of education programmes.
- Experience of communicating and reporting impact.
- Previous experience in an operational sport, leisure or events business
- Experience of managing change and driving social impact initiatives in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Experience of implementing new initiatives and rolling out new ways of working
Skills and aptitudes required:
- Creative thinker – ability to translate global and local social issues in to meaningful and impactful programmes.
- Highly driven and process orientated
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Collaborative working skills across departments and stakeholders
- Self-starting and independent work ethic
- Ability to focus and prioritise in a self-sufficient manner
- An understanding of the sustainability landscape and key trends
- Multiple languages an advantage
Personal qualities required:
- Excellent communicator
- Starter finisher
- Fast paced and delivery focused
- Strong coach and leader
- Strategic thinker – able to look at wider impact and longer term vision, coupled with the ability to make it happen.
- Sport for social change
- Innovative initiatives
- Electric mobility
£45,000 - £50,000
We receive a high number of applications per role and therefore ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields.