November 12, 2023
San Diego, CA
Join our award-winning organization to help lead change and environmental action. Our dedicated team – through outreach, education, and consulting – serves as a critical resource for San Diego County and beyond. We focus on issues and practices surrounding soil, water, and waste, with impact on the region and influence nationwide. Since 1983, our non-profit organization has worked with people of all ages and backgrounds to support local sustainability.
Solana Center is growing by leaps and bounds, both in staffing and contractual obligations. This position requires a self-starter who will be responsible for internal operations, ranging from office management to operational support. Internal Operations Support is central to the smooth functioning of all programming. This new position will work with all departments, requiring professionalism, excellent people skills, and great attention to detail and organization. There is opportunity to grow within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Following are examples. Duties may expand. Key to this role will be identifying and implementing process improvements.
Contract Management Support
● Support Contract Manager in invoicing processes through creating staff hourly time reports, inputting expenses into invoices, and updating monthly total contract revenues
● Collect monthly accomplishments for reporting to clients (e.g., numbers of educational workshops and business inspections, numbers of subsidized compost bins sold)
● Weekly contract -time and expenses consolidation and verification
● Maintain budget and time trackers
● Develop internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
● Conduct efficiency analyses, such as allocated contract hours vs actual hours spent
● Assist Contract Manager in developing a new invoicing system
● Training staff on utilizing the timekeeping system
● Support grant-writing
● Enthusiasm for Solana Center mission and willingness to support staff tasks
● Excellent organizational skills
● Exceptional communicator (written and oral)
● Extremely detail-oriented and comfortable working independently
● Experienced collaborator able to work with staff at all levels
● Data analysis skills
● Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Google products, and project management apps
Salary & Benefits
This position is non-exempt, starting at part-time (20 hours per week) at $20.25/hour, according to the laws of the State of California. The role may build to full-time with benefits, depending on the workload and individual. Hours are flexible and remote work is possible. Solana Center for Environmental Innovation is an Equal Opportunity employer.
San Diego, CA (USA)
$17 - $20/H
$100,000 - $115,000
Climate & Sustainability
$75,000 - $95,000
$117,000 - $202,100
CSR & ESG
Join our community of professionals who enjoy access to top jobs, interviews with impact makers, and a healthy dose of memes.